Objectives, Tasks & Governance
Business East Hants Board wish to Develop, Improve and Promote Business Growth and Economic Prosperity in East Hampshire
- Maintain and grow existing business in East Hampshire – both large and small.
- Attract and grow companies, both large and small including new business start-ups, which fit comfortably within the East Hampshire economy.
- Enhance the area’s “Quality of Life” reputation to help retain local spend by businesses, residents and the public sector.
- Increase the quantity and quality of the local workforce.
- Identify economic and business needs within East Hampshire and agree priorities for action.
- Gain the commitment from all partners, both public and private, to deliver an agreed action plan.
- Be responsible for the development and delivery of a detailed action plan, monitor progress and report outcomes.
- Inform and influence the policies and programmes of East Hampshire District Council, the East Hampshire Community Partnership and others to meet business and local economic needs.
- Improve the engagement of the whole business community in the achievement of Business East Hants’ aim.
- Business East Hants is a business-led Board and shall comprise at least six business people representative of the business make-up in East Hampshire plus East Hampshire District Council’s Cabinet Member for Economic Development.
- Relevant local publicly funded organisations and Job Centre Plus will be invited to attend as non-voting members of the Board.
- Officers from the EHDC’s Economic Development will resource, support, co-ordinate and advise the Group.
- The Board shall elect the Chair and Vice-Chair from amongst the business membership of the Group. These positions may be held for up to 3 years.
- All voting Members have one vote. The Chair shall have a casting vote.